Sunday, August 11, 2013

Avengers Cake

My nephew, Ryder, is turning 3. I can't believe that he is already three. He (meaning him and my brother) chose an Avengers theme this year. I have to think that Ryder may have been nudged in this direction by my brother because he sent me a text Saturday morning asking me how it was coming and for me to send him pictures. He has NEVER done that when I'm working on a cake for the kids, him or my sister in law so I'm thinking he was looking forward to it. Big 'ol kid.

The first thing I made in advance was Thor's hammer and I forgot to take a picture of it before I covered it in fondant. It was made of rice krispy treats with candy melts holding it all together and smoothing everything out. I used pre-made treats again. It worked out perfectly and is way easier than slaving over a big batch of RK treats just to make a 4 inch by 4 inch square.

I always have a great time making cakes for my niece and nephew. Its a labor of love.

My biggest concern was doing the Hulk's face, but I have to say that I did an OK job. This is the picture I followed to get the details right.




 
 

 
 
Happy Birthday Rydie! I love you!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment