Sunday, March 25, 2012

To Infinty...And Beyond!!!

For my nephew Ryder's first birthday I did a Toy Story cake. I did a trial run making marshmallow fondant and a butter cream transfer and the fondant turned out great...marshmallow fondant is sooo yummy. I made the fondant for Ryder's cake and it turned out great but something went wrong when I went to use it. So I ended up using some pre made Wilton white that I had intended to use for accents only for the bottom cow print tier and used red butter cream for the bandanna tier. Even though it was my first time using fondant and my first time stacking a cake...I was happy with the end result. I didn't attempt to mold the characters because I had seen others on the Internet, and although I applaud their gumption, I decided that I would rather have inedible elements than characters that aren't a flattering likeness of the originals. Here is the main cake....

For Ryder's personal cake I did a frozen butter cream transfer of a green alien. It was a little time consuming but not hard at all and I thought it was a great technique. I don't know if anyone at the party noticed, but my alien was wearing a muscle shirt. LOL. My fiancee came in the room and was talking to me when  I was working on the arms and I filled them with the green instead of the blue for his jumpsuit. Here he is...

No comments:

Post a Comment