Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Here is a bird house cake I did for my mom on Mother's day this year. I cut a piece of gumpaste for the house, made it look like wood grain and used a circle cutter to add an opening. I wrapped it around a sherry bottle to dry...

Then I brushed on some color dust and added the top. The top wasn't exactly what I had planned. Sometimes the vision in your head is harder to produce than you expected. :) I was ok with the end result.


Here are a couple of pictures of the finished cake. It was lemon cake with white chocolate custard filling and it was the BOMB! hehe...



My Grandma was with us that day and she LOVED the cake. She passed away a couple of months ago so I'm so happy that I was able to share her last Mother's Day with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment