Thursday, February 2, 2012

In The Beginning....

Although I have improved a great deal since my first cake I'm going to take you back so that the progression will be more apparent. I have taken the first and second Wilton course and from there have just been experimenting on my own. YouTube is a beautiful thing! And because although elementary, I really did love this cake. I made it for my niece; Faith, two years ago on her birthday and it truly came from my heart. This is Faith...she's not a ham at all....


So I had seen what looked like mini loaf pan sized cakes at the Wal-Mart bakery and they were decorated to look like little long haired dogs and I immediately thought of her. They looked fairly easy and I thought I would give it a try. What a learning experience that was. This was before I knew that the Wilton pre-made icing needs to be thinned a little with water and beaten when you remove it from the carton...LOL. Needless to say I had a really hard time getting the chocolate for the brown dog to squeeze out of the bag. I only have pictures of the finished product on my first few cakes but in the future I'll be taking step by step photos and giving details...what to do...and what I've learned the hard way NOT to do. : ) Here is the cake that I was, and still am, so proud of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment